A Reference to Roman Catholic Bishops from 1850 to 2015
by Chris Larsen
- Description and brief history of each diocese, including coats of arms
- Biographical details of all former and current bishops
- Translations of the Letters Apostolic
- Contact details of all serving bishops
- Chronological listing of significant episcopal events
- Indexes of titular sees and cardinal titles
As this book records the episcopal milestones of the last two hundred years, it also stands as a respectful testament to those bishops who have gone before us marked with the sign of faith, who continue to inspire and encourage their living successors in the Roman Catholic Church in Great Britain today.
About the Author
Chris Larsen was born in Croydon in 1977 and attended the John Fisher School, Purley before graduating from UWE, Bristol in 1999.
For a few years, he tried a vocation to the priesthood at the Royal English College of St Alban at Valladolid in Spain and it was during this time that an interest in the diocesan history of Great Britain and its various bishops began to emerge. Since then, he has maintained a record of episcopal appointments, which has now developed into a valuable reference resource.
Following his return to the UK, Chris settled in Bristol. He still enjoys to travel and has now visited every Roman Catholic cathedral around the country.